The North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau will host a North Little Rock Food Truck Permitting Day on Wednesday, March 15, 2023, in downtown North Little Rock (exact location to be announced). All mobile food vendors that would like to operate in North Little Rock in 2023 are encouraged to sign up for an appointment.
The event is appointment only and will allow food truck operators to easily go through each step necessary for operating in North Little Rock:
- Inspection by the North Little Rock Fire Marshal
- Inspection by North Little Rock Health Department
- Business license from the North Little Rock City Clerk’s Office
- North Little Rock A & P permit from the North Little Rock A & P Commission
- Marketing information from the North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau
As an incentive, all food truck operators licensed to operate in North Little Rock will be entered to win a buzzer pager system, sponsored by the North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau. Any food truck operator who has been permitted between January 1, 2023, and March 15, 2023, will be entered to win.
Food trucks with business licenses from other Arkansas cities may receive a North Little Rock business license free of charge.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Heather Kouns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (501)500-3728. Food Truck Permitting Day is organized by the North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau as part of its “Setting the Table” Culinary Initiative.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to do before arriving for my appointment?
- Plug in food truck and refrigerator the night before.
- Fill up your water tank.
- Turn on water heater at least three hours before your appointment.
- Review the important documents above from the Arkansas Department of Health and North Little Rock Fire Marshall’s Office.
- Review requirements from the North Little Rock City Clerk’s office.
- What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Valid, current drivers license and federal tax ID information. If you have a 2023 business license from another Arkansas city, bring it with you.
- What if I already have a business license from another Arkansas city?
- The North Little Rock City Clerk will accept business licenses from other Arkansas cities and allow food trucks to receive a North Little Rock business license free of charge.
- When is the last day I can get a business license in North Little Rock without a penalty?
- March 31, 2023
- What if I am already actively working in North Little Rock?
- Make an appointment above to get your business properly permitted and licensed, if you have not already.